Catalogers Learning Workshop (CLW)
Les comparto recursos en línea sobre catalogación que la LOC ha recopilado.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Catalogers Learning Workshop (CLW) provides information professionals training resources related to the organization and classification of bibliographic information. For courses that qualify one for membership as contributors to the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC), see About PCC Training.
RDA: Resource Description & Access Training Materials
- RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts Barbara Tillett (01/12/2010 : 75 minutes). This webcast explores the changes from AACR2 (Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, 2nd ed.) that the new code RDA: Resource Description & Access brings.
- Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview Barbara Tillett (05/14/2008 : 67 minutes). This webcast provides background on its development and a general overview of the conceptual models, international principles, and structure of RDA: Resource Description & Access.
- Cataloging Principles and RDA: Resource Description and Access Barbara Tillett (06/10/2008 : 49 minutes). This webcast deals with the cataloging principles that have influenced the development of RDA; the challenges they present to the international sharing of bibliographic and authority data; and the challenges they present to the developers of RDA.
- FRBR : Things You Should Know, But Were Afraid To Ask Barbara Tillett (03/04/2009 : 57 minutes). This webcast for non-catalogers is intended to present basic concepts and benefits of using the FRBR conceptual model (Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records) in resource discovery systems.
FRBR: Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records
- FRBR Overview and Application: Understanding Conceptual Relationships [PPT : 987 KB : Jan. 2012] In the series: Library of Congress Training for RDA: Resource Description & Access
- Test your knowledge of FRBR Terminology
- Using the RDA Toolkit [Word : 37 p. : 866 KB : Nov. 2011] In the series: Library of Congress Training for RDA: Resource Description & Access
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Workshop Course Materials
CLW course materials are available free of charge in PDF format. All courses offered here are considered the latest and only official English language versions sanctioned by the Library of Congress.
Cataloging Skills (CCT)
- Basic Creation of Name and Title Authorities
- Basic Subject Cataloging Using LCSH
- Fundamentals of Series Authorities
- Fundamentals of Library of Congress Classification
The Digital Library Environment (Cat21)
- Digital Project Planning & Management Basics
- Metadata and Digital Library Development
- Metadata Standards and Applications
- Principles of Controlled Vocabulary and Thesaurus Design
- Rules and Tools for Cataloging Internet Resources
Continuing Resources (SCCTP)
- Advanced Serials Cataloging
- Basic Serials Cataloging
- Electronic Serials Cataloging
- Integrating Resources Cataloging
- Serials Holdings
NACO Program Training Workshop
NACO Program Advanced Corporate Names Workshop
- Trainee Manual [PDF: 5,009 KB ; 165 pp.]
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Additional resources for teaching and learning metadata, cataloging, and classification.